It’s not just planning, analysis, design, implementation and maintenance for us, it’s more like build, measure and learn.
But, is the learning just an inside process?
Of course not, every system needs feedback. One of the best ways to get feedback and to learn is attending events and talking to different people with various expertise, experiences and points of view.
We are so happy, we can meet you in person at:
Dear Cloud Native Community:
We are pleased to announce that the new event dates have been confirmed and that we are now planning to hold KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2020 at the RAI Amsterdam from Thursday, August 13 to Sunday, August 16, 2020.
We attend the event as a Silver sponsor. You can find us easily at our booth.
It’s been 5 years with KubeCon + CloudNativeCon since 2016 in Seattle. CNCF has been gathering adopters and technologists from leading open source and cloud native communities in many events and this time we are all gathering in Amsterdam for four days of networking, education and advancement.
Keep reading, we have prepared a conference guide for you to plan your visit and make the best out of it.
Don’t forget, meet us!
Table of Contents
It’s not just networking, you can attend different sessions in KubeCon + CloudNativeCon EU 2020 and also Day Zero Co-Located Events. But, keep in mind, these events are NOT included in the main event ticket, click here for a list of Co-Located events and registration.
The main event has been categorized in different sessions:
- 101 Track
- Application + Development
- Breaks + Meals
- Case Studies
- Customizing + Extending Kubernetes
- Day Zero Co-Located Events
- Keynote Sessions
- Lightning Talk Sessions
- Machine Learning + Data
- Maintainer Track Sessions
- Registration + Badge Pick-up
- Security + Identity + Policy
- Service Mesh
- Social Events
- Sponsor Showcase
- Content Experience Level
You can find different talks, networking opportunities and tutorial sessions according to your interest. Just click on each link and check out the complete program.
Popular talks on the Conference
Thursday, August 13
- Reliability Engineering under Uncertainty – Silvia Pina, Independent
- Using SOPS, Kube Secrets and a CD Pipeline For Secure Configuration – Tom Hipwell, Bulb
- What’s an Application in Kubernetes? – Antoine Legrand, Red Hat
- Build & Deploy a CNF in 5 Minutes – Rastislav Szabo, PANTHEON.tech
Friday, August 14
- Keynote: Dan Kohn, Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation
- Keynote: Open Source Intrusion Detection for Containers at Shopify – Shane Lawrence, Senior Security Infrastructure Engineer, Shopify & Kris Nóva, Chief Open Source Advocate, Sysdig
- Keynote: CNCF Projects Update – Constance Caramanolis, KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2020 Co-Chair & Software Engineer, Splunk
- Keynote: The Beginner’s Guide to the CNCF TOC – Liz Rice, VP Open Source Engineering, Aqua Security
- Build an Automatic Canary Release Pipeline in a Kubernetes-native Way – Michael Maximilien, IBM
- Help! My Cluster Is On The Internet: Container Security Fundamentals – Anne Bertucio, Google
- Tutorial: Getting Started With Cloud Native Security – Liz Rice, Aqua Security & Michael Hausenblas, Amazon
- Tutorial: Introduction to Monitoring with Grafana – Marcus Olsson, Grafana Labs
- Running K3s, Lightweight Kubernetes, in Production for the Edge and Beyond – Darren Shepherd, Rancher
- Kubernetes Patterns – Roland Huß, Red Hat
- Going Beyond CI/CD with Prow – Leonardo Di Donato, Sysdig
- Scaling Prometheus: How We Got Some Thanos Into Cortex – Thor Hansen, DigitalOcean & Marco Pracucci, Grafana Labs
Saturday, August 15
- Keynote: Kubernetes Project Update – Vicki Cheung, KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2020 Co-Chair & Engineering Manager, Lyft
- Keynote: How to Love K8s and Not Wreck the Planet – Holly Cummins, Worldwide IBM Garage Developer Lead, IBM
- Keynote: Closing Remarks – Constance Caramanolis, KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2020 Co-Chair & Software Engineer, Splunk
- Sponsored Keynote: The Kubernetes Effect – Igniting Transformation in Your Team – Briana Frank, Director of Product, IBM Cloud
- DevOps Patterns and Antipatterns for Continuous Software Updates – Baruch Sadogursky & Kat Cosgrove, JFrog
- The New Stack Pancake Breakfast, sponsored by Palo Alto Networks
Sunday, August 16
- Keynote: Building a Service Mesh From Scratch – The Pinterest Story – Derek Argueta, Senior Software Engineer, Tesla
- Keynote: Closing Remarks – KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2020 Co-Chairs: Constance Caramanolis, Software Engineer, Splunk & Vicki Cheung, Engineering Manager, Lyft
- Sponsored Keynote: Network, Please Evolve: Chapter 3, Stretching Out – Vijoy Pandey, Vice President and CTO of Cloud, Cisco
- Managing Multi-Cluster/Multi-Tenant Kubernetes with GitOps – Chris Carty, Independent
Check out the complete schedule here.
You will have the chance to meet important members of the Community and get in contact with great companies such as:
|Red Hat||Diamond Sponsor|
|IBM Cloud||Diamond Sponsor|
|CloudComputing Insider||Media Partner|
|The CTO Advisor||Media Partner|
|SD Times||Media Partner|
You can meet us at the KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2020 in person.
Who we are
We are anynines – a digital transformation company focused on planning, building and operating modern application developer platforms.
We have years of experience in automating the delivery of enterprise-grade platforms based on various technologies. This comprises platform technologies such as Kubernetes and Cloud Foundry.
With profound knowledge and suitable products regarding automating databases and other data services, we provide our customers with comprehensive developer platforms addressing both the application and data lifecycle.
Additional services including consulting, platform engineering, operations, training, and cloud-native app development we position ourselves as a solution provider allowing our customers to focus on being successful within their domain.
Prepare your questions and visit us at our booth. Our team members will be there to answer your questions. We are looking forward to meeting you.
|Julian Fischer||Chief Executive Officer|
|Sara Lenz||Sales & Account Manager|
|Nicolas Maurer||Team Lead a9s Platform Operations / Senior DevOps||a9s Enterprise Platform Operations|
|Sven Schmidt||Senior DevOps||a9s Enterprise Platform Operations|
|Patrick Hartz||Platform Engineer||a9s Data Services|
|Cedric Hopf||Platform Engineer||a9s Data Services|
|Matthew Doherty||Platform Engineer||a9s Data Services|
|Samaneh Nasihatkon||Digital Marketing Manager||a9s Marketing|
What you must check out while in Amsterdam
If you are planning your trip and you have enough time, you can enjoy your weekend in Amsterdam.
We have gathered some information about the city for you, so you can save some time and make the most of your vacation days after a great community experience in KubeCon + CloudNativeCon EU 2020.
Where to go?
If you like museums, this city is your heaven. And, it is the Tulip season during your stay.
Here you can find the most popular sightseeing attractions in Amsterdam:
|Name||Opening Hours (Weekend)||Location|
|The Rijksmuseum||9 am – 5 pm||Map|
|The Anne Frank Museum||10 am – 6 pm||Map|
|The Van Gogh Museum||9 am – 5 pm||Map|
|The Jordaan (neighborhood)||All day||Map|
|Dam Square||All day||Map|
|The Royal Palace||10 am – 5 pm||Map|
|Rembrandt House Museum||10 am – 6 pm||Map|
|The Botanical Gardens & the Zoo||10 am – 5 pm||Map|
|The Old Church (Oude Kerk)||10 am – 6 pm |
Sunday: 1 – 5:30 pm
Where to eat?
Here are some restaurants based on nearest location with top ratings on Google:
|Name||Type||Opening Hours (Weekend)||Location|
|The Roast Room||International||9 am – 11:30 pm||Map|
|De Uitsmijter||Dutch||Saturday: 9 am – 4 pm|
|Buon Gusto d’italia||Italian||Saturday: 12 pm – 1 am|
Sunday: 12 – 11:30 pm
|Orandaya||Japanese||Saturday: 6 – 10:30 pm|
Sunday: 5:30 – 10 pm
|Visaandeschelde||Seafood||Saturday: 5:30 – 11 pm|
Sunday: 4 – 11 pm
|Mooshka Vegan Soul Food||Vegan||12 – 10 pm||Map|
Where to shop?
What about souvenirs? Do you want to leave Amsterdam without any Gouda or tulip bulbs?